Mosquitoes are insects that become terribly annoying, especially during the summer and, even more so on those days when the mercury in the thermometer has reached very high values during the day and does not drop much at night.
Fortunately, we can do several things to keep them away, and one of them is a mosquito trap they won’t be able to get out of.
What things do I need?
To make your anti-mosquito trap you will need the following:
- A 3 or 4 liter plastic bottle.
- Four tablespoons of sugar.
- A yeast’s packet.
- Black tape, it does not matter if it is made of plastic, cardboard, old sock, …
Once you have everything, you have to follow this step by step.
How do I cheat?
- The first thing you have to do is empty the bottle. It doesn’t necessarily have to be new; Any bottle will work, even if it has been used to contain the liquid of a cleaning product. When you’ve got it, you have to cut at the part where it begins to widenbut do not throw the »funnel».
- Now, you have to bring a pot half a liter of water to a simmer for 10 minutes in order to remove chlorine. After, add four tablespoons of sugar and let cool. Stir a couple of times.
- Once the water is at room temperature, add the yeast envelope. If it is still hot, wait, otherwise the trap would be useless as the yeast burns if the water temperature exceeds 60ºC.
- While you wait for it to cool down cover the bottle with black tape or card, or with a black sock. After, insert the funnel so that the narrowest part is inside the bottle. You have to remove the lid beforehand.
- Finally, you have to add the sugar water and yeastand you can put the trap where you need it.
This way, the mosquitoes won’t bother you anymore.