The Prunus persica is the scientific name given to the peach tree. It is a species of tree in the genus Prunus of the Rosaceae family. It is also often called peach tree and its peach fruit in American countries. This tree can generate fruits such as peaches, but there are also other varieties that do not have the velvety appearance of the skin and these fruits are known by the name of nectarine or pavia. The pavía is a seasonal fruit spring and summer you can enjoy from the months of April to October. They are quite tasty and contain a lot of nutrients and properties that we must in this article.
If you want to know more about pavia, this is your post.
The pavia is a fruit that has stone and is of a fleshy type. It has a sweet flavor very similar to that of peach. Sometimes people often mistake nectarine for peach if it is already peeled and cut. The main aesthetic difference is that the nectarine or pavia does not have the hair that covers the skin. It also has a slightly redder color and completely smooth skin. This fruit is about a variety of peach.
It can be eaten alone, natural or added to recipes for sweets or desserts such as fruit salad, biscuits, cards, homemade jams, etc. They have great nutritional value and some properties that are beneficial to health. Therefore, it is interesting to introduce them into diets and eat them regularly.
When we analyze their nutritional value we see that they only provide 40 kcal per 100 grams, which becomes a good option for those lower calorie diets. You have to know that for every 100 grams of pavia we find 87 grams of water, 9 g of carbohydrates and 1.5 g of vegetable protein. The fat content is practically nil and the fiber content is just over 2 grams. As for the micronutrients we see that it is a fruit with a great mineral source of potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, sodium, iron, zinc, iodine and selenium. It also has vitamins such as vitamin C, B6, B3, B2, B1 and carotenes.
Given its high nutritional properties, it is recommended to frequently introduce this fruit in diets. You have to take advantage of the prices of this fruit in its season. You also have to know that this season its flavor will reach its maximum.
Properties and benefits of pavia
As we mentioned before, this fruit has numerous nutritional properties that give it health benefits. Let’s analyze what these properties and benefits are:
- Helps combat hypertension: this fruit can help those who suffer from hypertension since they have a high potassium content and are very low in sodium. This makes it an excellent food for all those with high blood pressure and helps reduce pain.
- Improves digestion: it is ideal to add to all meals as a dessert. Thanks to its fiber and water content, it can improve the stomach’s ability to digest, due to its choleretic effect. This effect has the ability to stimulate the production of bile that results in better absorption of fats, avoiding digestive problems such as slow and heavy digestions.
- Reduces constipation: given its high fiber content, it can improve intestinal transit and improve cases of constipation. It can also be taken at main meals or to snack between meals as a healthy snack.
- Take care of the list, the skin and the hair : since it has a good supply of carotenes, these compounds help us to protect our body against various ailments and degenerative diseases. Among these degenerative diseases we find cataracts, problems in the scalp, dermatitis, etc.
- They improve the cardiovascular system: given its high potassium content it is essential to regulate the heart beat. They also have another antioxidant capacity. It is important to introduce these antioxidants in the diet to protect ourselves against free radicals. In addition, they help reduce and delay aging and contribute to the reduction of various pains that occur in cancer.
- Good functioning of the nervous and muscular system: the minerals that the pavia has helps to contribute to the functionality of the nervous and muscular system. This makes this fruit one of the most recommended in all stages of life.
- To reduce iron deficiency anemia: the vitamin C content of Nectarines becomes interesting for those people who tend to have anemia due to lack of iron. The consumption of this vitamin is recommended since it helps the Iron to be absorbed from food. It is preferable to take the pavia for dessert so that all food can be absorbed.
Differences between pavia and peach
Many people confuse that pavia and peach are the same fruit. The pavia has white flesh, red bone, and are much sweeter than peaches. It should be mentioned that this fruit is less abundant than peaches. This is because it is a type of fruit much more sensitive to cold. The greatest abundance of these crops are usually found in riviera areas. Generally hot climates are needed for production to increase.
It is a type of fruit tree that does not tolerate winter frosts very well. As for the properties of both fruits, both have antioxidant properties and many of the vitamins and minerals. Peaches have a more rounded shape, velvety skin and a more orange-yellow color. In the case of pavia we find ourselves with smooth, lint-free and more intense color. The pulp is yellow and reddish and in the case of peaches it is orange.
I hope that with this information you can learn more about pavia.