The cultivation of pepper has been carried out for centuries initially from the Asian tropics. The process is so simple that we can obtain this precious plant considered the queen of spices in our own home.
Steps to follow
To grow pepper at home you should not be an expert gardener but you must follow some very specific steps that we are going to explain to you right now:
- Prepare the soil by mixing two parts of black soil, one part of rough or loamy clay soil and another of river sand to improve drainage.
- Fill the pot with the substrate, it is important that it has a somewhat acidic pH and rich in nutrients.
- Place the pepper plant for growing in the center of the pot.
- Leave the pot in a shady place. Direct sun exposure can damage plant growth.
- Water without excess keeping the soil moist but avoid stagnation of water that can bring fungi and bacteria.
Get pepper at home
During the first 4 years, carry out pruning to enhance the fruiting of the berries .
As it matures , you can carefully harvest the berries without damaging the stems. Remember that the color of the pepper can be black , red , green or white depending on the degree of maturity and the cultivation process .