Preparing a germinator can be a very interesting experience, both for children and adults. If you have decided that you want to know how to create a germinator to be able to have your plants from seed and thus be able to plant them later successfully so that they thrive, keep reading this article in which we explain how to make one at home for your home and you will be able to see how a plant germinates.
How to make a homemade germinator
Follow these simple steps to make a homemade seed germinator very easily and effectively:
- Introduce blotting paper or cotton in a cylinder and insert it into the transparent glass bottle so that it covers the entire contour.
- Fill the central spaces of the jar with some sand.
- Place the seeds inside the blotting paper or cotton about halfway up the jar.
- Leave the germinator in a place where it receives sunlight in the morning.
- Keep the sand or cotton moist by adding water before it dries. Remember that excess water is bad as the seeds will rot and therefore will not germinate.
- Rotate the germinator every other day so that all the seeds have the same light conditions necessary to germinate.
- Once the seeds have germinated you can use the germinator as a decoration element.