Mosquitoes are insects that become terribly annoying, especially during the summer and even more so on those days when the mercury in the thermometer has reached very high values during the day and does not drop much at night.
Fortunately, we can do several things to keep them away, and one of them is a mosquito trap that they won’t be able to get out of .
- 1 What things do I need?
- 2 How do I cheat?
What things do I need?
To make your anti-mosquito trap you will need the following:
- A 3 or 4 liter plastic bottle.
- Four tablespoons of sugar.
- A yeast’s packet.
- Black tape, it doesn’t matter if it’s plastic, cardboard, old sock,…
Once you have everything, you have to follow this step by step.
How do I cheat?
- The first thing you have to do is empty the bottle . It doesn’t necessarily have to be new; any bottle will do, even if it has been used to contain the liquid of a cleaning product. When you have obtained it, you have to cut through the part where it begins to widen , but do not throw away the “funnel”.
- Now, you have to simmer a half-liter pot of water for 10 minutes in order to remove the chlorine. Then add four tablespoons of sugar and let cool . Stir a couple of times.
- Once the water is already at room temperature, add the envelope of yeast . If it is still hot, wait, otherwise the trap would be useless as the yeast burns if the temperature of the water exceeds 60ºC.
- While you wait for it to cool, cover the bottle with black tape or construction paper, or a black sock . Next, insert the funnel so that the narrowest part is inside the bottle . You have to remove the lid first.
- Finally, you have to add the water with the sugar and the yeast , and you will be able to put the trap where you need it.
Thus, the mosquitoes will not bother you anymore.
How to make a mosquito trap?