Do you need an urgent seedbed? Well, now you can get it without having to spend a single euro. In fact, you won’t even have to leave the house if you have any oranges . Yes, yes, you can make an original and biodegradable seedbed out of it that will be very useful for the seed to germinate.
If you don’t believe me, below I will explain how to make a seedbed with orange peels step by step. You will see how easy and fast it is.
- 1 Things you will need
- 2 Make your seedbed with orange peels
things you will need
Before starting any task, it is always recommended to prepare everything that is going to be needed . In this case it is:
- An orange, the fresher the better.
- A serrated knife.
- A manual juicer.
- A glass.
- Substrate, either peat, mulch or for seedbeds that you will find in any nursery.
- copper or sulfur.
Once you have it, it will be time to make the seedbed. How? So:
Make your seedbed with orange peels
Now that you have everything, follow this simple step by step:
- Cut an orange in half with the serrated knife.
- Squeeze the juice with the juicer.
- Pour the liquid into a glass.
- Enjoy the taste of natural orange juice.
- Let the shell dry for 24 hours to avoid fungi in a cool and dry area.
- The next day, make a couple of holes for drainage at the base of the shell.
- Fill it with the substrate you have chosen, more or less until it is completely full.
- Now, place a maximum of two seeds in the seedbed. They must be a little separated from each other in case the two germinate.
- Sprinkle a little copper or sulfur on the surface. This will serve to prevent the proliferation of fungi.
- Finally, moisten the substrate with a spray bottle.