The raspberry is a plant that produces a large number of fruits during the summer and autumn. Although it is native to Europe, today it is cultivated in all warm-temperate regions of the world.
Would you like to have at home? If so, read on to find out how to plant strawberries .
The strawberry, whose genus is Fragaria, is a rhizomatous plant that grows up to 30cm in height. For it to have an excellent development, it is recommended to plant it in the garden, but it can also be kept in pots. How to proceed in each case?
- 1 Plant in the garden
- 2 Plant in a pot
Plant in the garden
- The first thing to do is prepare the ground , removing any wild grass and stones that may be present.
- Afterwards, a 3-5cm thick layer of organic fertilizer should be added , such as chicken manure for example.
- It is then mixed well with the garden soil with a rake.
- Once done, you have to make the trenches which must be in rows , separated from each other by about 20-30cm.
- Then, the drip irrigation system is installed .
- Now, the raspberries are planted so that they are 15-20cm apart from each other.
- Finally, the irrigation system is started .
Plant in a pot
- If you want to have raspberries in a pot , it is important that the pot is large , at least 30cm in diameter and deep.
- When you have it, you have to fill it with universal culture substrate mixed with 30% perlite up to a little more than half.
- The plant is then placed in the center . In the event that it remains above the edge of the pot, a little substrate will be removed; if, on the other hand, it is below, soil must be added until it is just 1 or 2cm below.
- Finally, it is finished filling and watering .
Enjoy your raspberry 🙂 .