Garlic is one of the most useful foods in the world: they not only help us to have a better life by strengthening the immune system and cleaning our body of possible parasites, but they also help us so that our plants and garden enjoy a healthy state.
For this reason, many people wonder how to preserve garlic, since it must also be borne in mind that a single copy usually produces quite a few. So if you have this question, then I will solve it for you.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to keep them?
- 1.1 Things you will need
- 1.2 Step by step
- 2 Why are garlic so useful?
How to keep them?
Things you will need
Once the garlic is harvested, you will need the following in order to keep them:
- Paper bag, or ceramic jar with holes
- A cool, dry and dark place
And nothing more. Only with this you will ensure that you can consume or take advantage of them at any time during the next two months.
Step by step
Now that you have it all the step by step to follow is the following:
- First, take the garlic cloves (unpeeled).
- Then put them in the paper bag or ceramic jar.
- Finally, store them in a place where it is not in direct sunlight.
Another way to store the garlic is to clean it well, cook it, and finally keep it in a container that you will cover with olive oil.
What you should never do is keep them in the refrigerator like this, loose, since otherwise they would spoil immediately as a result of high humidity.
Why are garlic so useful?
Garlic has numerous uses, which are:
- Medicinal: relieves anemia, strengthens the immune system, eliminates worms, corrects constipation, decongests the respiratory system, taking it on an empty stomach largely prevents kidney and bladder problems, purifies the blood and regulates blood pressure.
- Culinary: it is used in many dishes, such as salads, elvers, fish, meat, artichoke cream, mussels, etc.
- the garden: acts as a powerful repellent and insecticide.
What did you think of this topic?