When you don’t have much land, one of the things that you can’t do is think that it will be impossible to have a beautiful garden. Today, thanks to both the Internet and the nurseries themselves, we can have plants that, due to their size, can grow throughout their life in beautiful pots. One of them is the felicia amelloidswhich also behaves as a perennial, which means that it lives for several years.
Thus, for just one or two euros that an adult plant can cost you you can have a terrace or balcony full of blue flowers for several seasons.
Characteristics of the Felicia amelloides
Our protagonist is a dense subshrub native to South Africa that lives for several years and reaches a height of 60 centimeters and about twice as wide. The leaves are rounded, light green, and its beautiful flowers have blue petals with a yellow center. These sprout from late spring to fall.
Due to its origin, it is a plant that has a hard time in areas where the climate is cold, although that is not a big problem: during winter you can take the opportunity to decorate your home with it .
How do you take care of yourself?
Would you like to have one? If so, here is your care guide:
- Location: outside, in semi-shade or in full sun.
- Substratum: it is important that it has good drainage. You can mix the universal growing medium sold in nurseries with 30% perlite, or failing that, mix mulch with 30% expanded clay balls.
- Irrigation: three or four times a week in summer, and once or twice a week the rest of the year.
- Subscriber: from spring to late summer, it must be paid with a fertilizer for flowering plants, following the instructions specified on the package.
- Transplant: every two years, in spring.
- Rusticity: it is sensitive to frost. If the temperature drops below -1ºC it is convenient to keep it indoors until the weather improves.
Did you know the Felicia plant?