On special occasions or even to decorate the home, bouquets are one of the most remarkable elements. Can you imagine a bride without her beautiful bouquet going to the altar? These beautiful vegetables accompany us in the most special moments of our lives. Unfortunately, the flowers do not last long in the bouquets and end up withering. If we want to get one of these highly decorative elements at a good price and that will last us forever, we only have the option of doing it ourselves. For this reason we will explain in this article how to make artificial flower bouquets
If you like crafts, I recommend that you continue reading. With this task you will have a good time and you will get a beautiful decoration for your home, or for that special event that awaits you. In addition, by making the bouquets ourselves, we can add the flowers and decorations that we want, thus giving it a unique and personalized touch. Apart from explaining how to make bouquets of artificial flowers, which is really a very basic and simple task, we will also explain how to make them in a cascade step by step. The latter is really spectacular at weddings.
How to assemble bouquets with artificial flowers?
Before explaining how to bouquets artificial, it is important that you keep in mind that it will not be the same as with natural flowers. The latter, being real, give it a fresher and more beautiful touch, not to mention the sweet aroma they give off. However, we can manage to create truly spectacular artificial flower bouquets. The trick is to select those good quality plastic plants, make it hard to tell them apart from the real thing. Making a few bouquets of artificial flowers of poor quality will result in a much cheaper bouquet, but notably plastic.
Considering the importance of the quality of artificial flowers, let’s see a complete list of what we will need to make the bouquet:
- Artificial plants: They do not have to be just flowers, we can combine them with green plastic vegetables, branches, berries, etc.
- florist wire
- Masking florist’s tape (recommended green, but it’s a matter of taste)
- Glue (not necessary, but can be used to hold or add decorations)
- Scissors and wire cutters
- Optional: Ornaments, fabrics, ribbons, etc.
Once we have all the materials, Assembling the bouquet is quite simple. We will take the flowers that we want to go in the center with one hand and we will place layers of other artificial plants, decorations and fabrics around them. Once the bouquet is ready, we must hold the stems with wire, wrapping it several times. Then we have to cut the stems to a uniform length. To hide both the stems and the wire, we will use the floral tape, wrapping them with it. When creating a bouquet, it is best that the largest flowers are in the middle and the smaller ones form an outer layer, interspersed with foliage.
How to make artificial cascading flower bouquets
Now that we know how to make artificial flower bouquets, let’s see how to do it by giving it a waterfall shape. This type of bouquet is a striking and large arrangement in which various flowers of different sizes are gathered loosely and with hanging foliage. Here we explain step by step how to do it:
- Choose the flowers: One to three large, four to six smaller, and four to six artificial foliage plants. It is important that they fit both the colors and the schemes chosen for the event.
- Layer the stems: We will first take the flowers that we want to be in the center and place them in the hand. We will then create circular layers, rotating the bouquet as we add the smaller flowers. We can also add some optional decorations and elements, such as berries, ribbons and bows. We can adhere them to the stem using the floral tape.
- Create the waterfall effect: To achieve this shape, we must add hanging foliage and long flowers. Among the most advisable species for this are jasmine, hanging ivy, eucalyptus, honeysuckle and olive branches. These are placed at the bottom front of the bouquet.
- Securing the artificial flower bouquet with wire: With the wire cutters we have to cut between six and eight inches of the flower wire. This piece must be wrapped around the stems a few times and at the end bend the ends and join them. We can cut these ends again and hide them between the stems.
- Cut the stems: To make it look pretty, the stems should be a uniform length. It is important that they are long enough to be able to hold the bouquet, but without being seen much.
- Join the stems: Finally, all that remains is to join and cover the stems with the floral tape. We will wrap it around the stems, covering both them and the wire completely.
Tricks and tips
When creating bouquets of artificial flowers, their selection is essential. Among the largest we can choose between calla lilies, roses and peonies, for example. Combining these with other smaller ones, we will get a very striking and beautiful arrangement. Another good option is to choose the flowers for their meaning, thus giving more strength to the event for which the bouquet is designed. By placing foliage between the various flowers in the bouquet, we will be able to create more space and make them stand out much more.
It is also important that we choose flowers that come on a single wired stem. This must go through the entire length of the stem and reach the leaves. The finish should be matt. This will make the flowers look more realistic and much easier to work with. Finally, it is highly recommended to read reviews and find out on the internet about the strengths and weaknesses of artificial flower designers on the market.
With all this information and advice, we can only get down to work. With a little creativity and a good selection of artificial flowers and decorative elements, we will be able to create a truly spectacular bouquet of artificial flowers.