Carrots are one of vegetables that commonly capture the attention of many peopleperhaps this is due to the fact that although their flavor is not really delicious, they do have a fairly mild flavor, which also practically cannot be perceived by the palate or perhaps because it is not a food that is usually used in multiple recipes.
However, one of the best things about carrots is that they can be eaten rawsince in this way it is possible to perceive their flavor, in the same way eating them cooked, grated or chopped is also an excellent idea to consume these beneficial vegetables.
Main properties of carrots
But no matter how you decide to consume carrots, you should know that always provide a great variety of properties which also offer multiple health benefits and at the same time they can be used for medicinal therapies.
The carrots have a high content of nutrients such as serine, isoleucine, arginine, aspartic acid and proline, it also has a content of 87% water and only 7.3% carbohydrates. In the same way, carrots too have a high content of beta carotenesphosphorus, calcium, vitamin C and proteins.
Due to their composition, carrots have the particularity of being ideal as antioxidants, immunostimulants, diuretics, antiulcerics, antianemic and digestive.
Benefits of carrots
- Helps prevent them from appearing degenerative diseases.
- It serves for improve appetitewhich also helps fight anemia, since it reverses it by causing the individual to feel more hungry.
- You lower triglycerides and cholesterol.
- Transforms beta-carotene into retinol better known as vitamin A, therefore optimizes the vision of the individual who consumes itespecially if they are older people who have begun to present vision problems.
- Due to their varied composition, these are really beneficial to maintain skin care and also protects the epidermis.
- It can be used as a sunscreen and bronzer, this is because carrots allow the synthesis of melaninwhich is responsible for functioning as a filter that effectively fights the sun’s rays.
- It is ideal to apply carrots as a method of acne prevention and elimination.
- It helps to get rid of colic.
- Eating a piece of carrot helps to naturally relieve stomach pain caused by consuming a food that caused poor digestion.
- It is ideal for break down and remove kidney stones.
- Helps keep nerves in good condition.
- It serves to calm depression in those who suffer from it.
- Eliminates and prevents intestinal parasites.
- It is very recommended in those patients suffering from diabetesSince the raw carbohydrate content of carrots is easy to absorb and also does not cause hyperglycemia.
- It is ideal for pregnant women due to its high content of folic acid and calcium.
Carrot juice mix
As we said before, carrots do not have a powerful or delicious flavor, however, by mixing it with some fruits it is possible to prepare delicious juices that will help you get each of the beneficial properties it offers and you can also refresh your body.
Here we show you a couple of carrot juices.
By mixing carrot with orange, you get a delicious juice with an exquisite and refreshing flavor. What’s more it has few caloriesthe most recommended are 8oz or 250ml of carrot juice mixed with orange juice to your liking, although it should not be more than carrot juice.
Combine carrot with some green vegetables such as spinach, celery or cucumber it will help you control your sugar levels and it also offers you a great variety of nutrients ideal for your health.