If you like spicy flavors, you will surely love the pwhich is a word that designates the plants of the genus Capsicum, which is chili peppers.
Its cultivation is simplesince they are herbaceous plants that grow very quickly and also produce an interesting quantity of fruits.
Cultivation of paprika
When you want to grow paprika, the first thing to do is buy seeds of the Capsicum annuum species that give red peppers. Once you have them, you have to proceed as follows:
- Sowing: early spring is the best time to sow chili seeds, either in seedbeds or in pots. Use a substrate that has good drainage, such as vermiculite or peat mixed with equal parts perlite.
- Location: place the seedbed in an area where the sun shines directly, to be throughout the day.
- Irrigation: frequently, the substrate must be prevented from drying out.
Planting in the garden and subsequent care
- Planting time: in spring, when the seedlings are at least 5cm tall.
- Distance between floors: 30cm minimum.
- Location: full sun.
- Ground: it is recommended that it has good drainage.
- Irrigation: frequently, preventing the soil from drying out.
- Subscriber: During spring and summer they should be paid with organic fertilizers, such as manure or worm castings.
- Other essential tasks: for the plants to grow properly it is necessary that they have tutors, and that the wild grasses are removed to prevent the proliferation of pests.
Tips for growing chili peppers in a pot
If you don’t have a garden, you can also have your chili plants. The only thing you should keep in mind is that, the bigger the pot, the better since this way they will grow more and, therefore, more fruit they will produce. Thus, ideally, they should be planted in pots of at least 35-40cm in diameter, placing a tutor in the center.
How is paprika made?
If you want to make homemade paprika salt, follow this step by step:
- Pick the peppers when they are ripe (early summer more or less).
- Let them dry in a cool, semi-shaded area for 8-10 days.
- Afterwards, you just have to grind them well.
- And voila, you will have your paprika salt that you can use to season various recipes, such as garlic prawns for example.
Good appetite .