If you are tired of seeing the typical brown or black color of the pots, now you can have new containers just by giving them a little paint. Surely they will be very original since you can take the opportunity to give them the style that you like the most.
Not sure how to make painted pots? Do not worry. It is a very simple, fast and inexpensive technique; In addition, it can be the perfect excuse for the whole family to do something together while they have a wonderful time drawing and / or painting the potted plants.
What materials are needed to paint flower pots?
To paint flowerpots what is needed is:
- Pot, either clay or ceramic.
- Brush, small brush for details and large brush for the rest of the drawing.
- Water container.
- A container to clean brushes.
- Colored acrylic paint.
In the event that, like me, you are not good at drawing, I recommend you also use a plastic template that you will find for sale in any bookstore or bazaar (the old shops of everything at 100 pesetas).
Step by step – Painting the pots
Once you have it all follow this step by step to give your pots another color:
- The first thing to do is clean them well with water to remove dirt.
- Next, it is given a coat of acrylic paint with a little water to seal, and it is allowed to dry well.
- Then, if you want to make polka dots or other drawings, place the template and with a brush fill in the circles or shapes that have been chosen.
- Finally, it must be allowed to dry well before using them.
And ready. So easy and fast you can have your pots decorated to your liking. Enjoy them .