No one doubts that plants are one of the most beautiful and remarkable decorative elements to embellish our home. However, not all vegetables are suitable for this function. Besides, It is not always so easy to choose the ideal place to place the pots. That is why we are going to give you some ideas about how to decorate the living room with plants.
In this article we will first comment on which vegetables are the most recommended to place in our home. Then we will give you some ideas so that you can decorate the living room with plants in a way that is pleasing to the eye. I’m sure it will be beautiful!
What plants to put in the living room of my house?
Before giving you some ideas on how to decorate the living room with plants, first we are going to discuss which are the favorite vegetables for this task. As you well know, there are many who do not survive if they are not outdoors, so it is essential to know which ones we can keep inside our home. Some of the most popular indoor plants are the following:
Generally, what houseplants have in common is that they are not very demanding. By not being exposed to the elements, they are more protected against viruses, pests and sudden changes in temperature. Yes indeed, being in pots, they will require watering more frequently than vegetables found outside.
Ideas to decorate the living room with plants
Now that we know some of the most popular indoor vegetables, we are going to list some ideas to decorate the living room with plants. Remember that this is only a guide, in the end It will depend on your tastes and the style of environment you want. With these options and a little imagination, you will surely create an impressive living room.
- Place one vine on top of a tall piece of furniture, as a console: The sheets can interlock with other objects.
- Tall planters: There are pots that are tall. They are very striking and beautiful, especially if we combine different heights. In this way we will be able to have the same effect as the large plants, but with smaller plants.
- Low furniture decoration: With medium-sized plants, such as pothos or ficus, we can give our living room a touch of green by placing them on rather short furniture.
- About wooden sideboards: The combination of various natural elements, such as plants and wood, always looks great.
- Ivy over the fireplace: Of course, we can place the plants we want on the fireplace, but have you ever thought of ivy for it? I guarantee you that it is really spectacular. But do not forget to remove the plant when you go to light the fire, just in case.
- Centerpieces: They are always pretty. It can be something as simple as flowers in a vase.
- On shelves: The shelves are not only used to place objects, such as books, but they can also be very obvious. For this reason, it is advisable to decorate them a little and plants are always a good option.
- On the windowsill: Also in front of the window we can place some vegetables, especially those that require a little more sunlight.
- A single plant on the side table: Next to the lamp that we have on the side table, a small plant can be very pleasing to the eye.
- In showcases: Yes, you have read correctly. Plants in showcases are extremely decorative and bring some life to what we want to have on display. It is recommended that it be a rather small vegetable so as not to take away too much prominence from the other objects that are in the display case.
- Hanging pots: We can not only decorate the furniture and the floor, but also the ceiling with beautiful green plants thanks to the hanging pots. It’s worth a try!
- Bonsai: Mini bonsai trees are truly fascinating plants. They are so beautiful that it is not advisable to leave them in the background, but to dedicate a special space to them on a piece of furniture, for example. Discover how to take care of bonsai indoors here!.
In a really nice living room you cannot miss the tall houseplants. Precisely its size will make attract more attention and create a natural and beautiful environment. Let’s see some options we have to play with this type of vegetables:
- a big plant on each side of the shelf: Create some symmetry and decorate corners and empty spaces.
- Background: A large plant behind the sofa or decorating a corner, but more hidden.
- Reading area: If we have an armchair or divan designed for reading, a tall palm-like plant is a great option. Both elements will have such a presence that no further decoration will be necessary.
- Zoning: Plants are not only used to decorate, but we can also separate different environments with them, such as the living room of the American kitchen, if we have one. Of course, it is essential that the plant is tall enough to perform this function.
- Upstairs between two sofas: What better option to beautify that corner between the sofas than a vegetable?
- Just like on the ground: Plants displayed beautifully. One option is to place them in a wicker basket to give the room a warmer touch. We can also combine vegetables of different heights.
- Green corner or “green” corner: An excellent option is to dedicate a corner of our living room to plants. We can put together different species in different pots of various heights and create a kind of mini garden.
Palm-like indoor plants
I hope that this article on how to decorate the living room with plants has helped to inspire you. It is clear that you do not have to apply a single idea of those that we have mentioned previously, but rather you can combine them and create a beautiful environment full of life and freshness. If you have any more ideas that we missed, you can leave them in the comments.