In nature there are countless shapes and colors that make the various vegetables unique and special. This is also the case with shaped fruits, of which we will put some examples in this article, commenting a little on their appearance. However, we can be very creative when making dishes with them. Apart from being able to take advantage of the natural form that these foods have, we can also create different forms ourselves to create truly spectacular delicacies.
In order to help you, we will talk a little about the natural form of fruits and how we can cut them to give them more personalized aspects. In addition, we will discuss some examples and ideas on how to prepare dishes with them.
Examples of shaped fruits
There are many fruits that have unique and distinctive shapes. Some examples of them with interesting shapes include the following:
- kiwi: The kiwi has soft, hairy skin and an oval shape. See file.
- Orange: Oranges have a thick, wrinkled skin and a round, flattened shape. See file.
- Papaya: The papaya has smooth skin and an elongated, oval shape.
- Watermelon: Watermelon is a large, round fruit with a thick, rough skin. See file.
- Cantaloupe: Melons have a smooth, rough skin and can be round or oval in shape. See file.
- Banana: Bananas have soft, smooth skin and a curved, elongated shape. See file.
- Lemon: Lemons have a thick, rough skin and a round, flattened shape. See file.
- Pepper: Peppers have an elongated and flattened shape and can be round or elongated. See file.
- Tomato: Tomatoes are round and flattened in shape and can be of various sizes and colors. See file.
- Strawberry: Strawberries have a round, flattened shape and are very small. See file.
- Grape: The grapes are round and flattened in shape and can be of various sizes and colors.
- Pineapple: The pineapple has an elongated, flattened shape and thick, wrinkled skin.
These are just a few examples of interestingly shaped fruits. Obviously, All fruits have a shape and a color that differentiates them from the others.
How to cut the fruit to give it shape?
Apart from taking advantage of the natural shape that fruits have, we can also cut them in a special way to personalize them. A cool idea would be to use a cookie cutter or grated cheese cutter to cut the fruits into special shapes. These cutters come in different designs and can be used to cut fruits into shapes of stars, hearts, flowers, and more. Next we will discuss 3 different ways to cut the fruit:
- Cut the fruits into thin slices: We can cut the fruits into thin slices and then use a cookie cutter or grated cheese cutter to give them special shapes.
- Cut the fruits into cubes: Instead of cutting them into slices, we can cut the fruits into cubes of different sizes and then use a cookie cutter or grated cheese cutter to give them special shapes, like in the first example.
- Use a knife to cut the fruits into shapes: We can also use a knife to cut the fruits into special shapes. This may require a little more skill and precision, but it’s a good solution if you want to cut your fruits into more complicated and specific shapes.
Remember to always use a sharp knife and take the necessary precautions when using any type of knife. If you don’t feel comfortable using a knife, you can use a cookie cutter or grated cheese cutter to give the fruits special shapes.
shaped fruit plates
Now that we know how to cut fruit, let’s look at some ideas for fun shaped fruit dishes:
- Create a plate with different colored fruits: We can use different colored fruits to create an eye-catching dish. For example, we can use green kiwis, red strawberries, orange mango, and purple grapes.
- Create a themed plate: We can create a themed plate using shaped fruits that fit a specific theme. For example, if your theme is the sea, you can use fruits shaped like fish or shellfish, or even cut out a mermaid.
- Create a plate of different sizes: We can create a plate with fruits of different sizes to make it more fun. For example, we can use a large orange, a medium pear and some small strawberries.
- Add some creative touches: We can add some creative touches to our fruit plate to make it even more unique and special. For example, we can use a fruit as a head and other smaller fruits as limbs to create a character.
With a little creativity, you can make fun and attractive dishes with fruits of different shapes and sizes. Have fun creating your own unique and original dishes!