The Very very They are a series of very special plants: some of their species are endemic to the region of the Teide volcano, in Tenerife, and to Sierra Nevada (Spain). They produce a large number of flowers of various colors. In addition, they can be grown in pots, planters or create fantastic flower beds with them.
Do you want a copy? Go to a nursery and ask for them. Here’s how to take care of it .
Origin and characteristics
The Erysimum are annual, biennial or perennial herbswith the base woody at times and shrubby, usually branched. The leaves are simple, whole to pinnatifid, from linear to elliptical. The flowers are grouped in clusters in the shape of corianths, they are medium in size, and of orange, yellow or purple color. The fruit is a silique that is usually elongated and contains many seeds.
The genus is composed of 235 accepted species, distributed by Asia, Macaronesia, North America and the Mediterranean region. The main ones are:
- Erysimum linifolium: it is a perennial plant endemic to the northwest of the Iberian Peninsula. It grows to 80cm tall, and its flowers are lilac.
- Eryimum cheiri: it is a biennial or perennial herb that reaches 80cm. It produces bright yellow, red or purple flowers.
- the very scrounger: it is an endemic herb of the subalpine areas of the Canary Islands. It is known as Teide wallflower, chameleon wallflower and summit wallflower. Produces purple flowers.
- Very bicolor: it is endemic to Macaronesia. It is a shrub that produces pink flowers.
What are their cares?
We recommend taking care of it as follows:
- Location: it must be outside, in full sun.
- Pot: universal growing substrate mixed with 30% of perlite. You can also add a little earthworm humus, although it is not necessary.
- Garden: grows in fertile soils, with a good drainage.
- Irrigation: about 4 or 5 times a week in summer, and every 3-4 days the rest of the year. Check the humidity of the soil before watering if in doubt, for example by inserting a thin wooden stick.
- Subscriber: in spring and summer, with a special fertilizer for flowering plants, or with guano following the instructions specified on the package.
- Multiplication: by seeds in spring.
- Rusticity: It depends on the species, but in general it supports cold and weak frosts down to -2ºC.
Did you know these plants?