Classic pumpkin puree soup paired with freshly grated ginger is more than just the perfect warming soup. This recipe is for real gourmets. Sweet pumpkin goes well with spicy notes of ginger and spices. In addition, ginger has excellent immune properties. Therefore, pumpkin-ginger soup is a great way to fight colds.
- 1.2 kg pumpkin without skin (preferably Hokkaido walnut-chestnut flavor)
- 1 medium onion
- 700 ml vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- salt pepper
- croutons and cream for decoration
- Fry the diced onion in a saucepan and lightly salt it.
- When it cools down, add the diced pumpkin and fry it too (carefully on each side).
- Add half of the vegetable broth to the vegetable mass and simmer until the pumpkin softens well.
- Then mix everything with a blender.
- The resulting puree should be of uniform consistency and without lumps.
- Next – you need to season the puree with grated ginger and spices.
- Then slowly pour in the rest of the vegetable broth until you get a thick, creamy consistency.
- Mix thoroughly and cook a little more.
- We recommend serving pumpkin soup with croutons and cream.
- Enjoy your meal!
See also: Focaccia with cherry tomatoes. simple recipe