If you have a large garden or plants that need constant wateringSacrificing yourself and not being able to go on vacation or leave home for a few days may not be the solution. But drip irrigation. It is one of the most used accessories, both by landscapers and professionals and those who have a garden that needs water more frequently.
Do you want to know which are the best drip irrigation? And everything you must take into account to put it in your home, either in the ground or between pots? We talk about it in this guide.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 1. The best drip irrigation
- 2 Selection of drip irrigation systems
- 2.1 Herefun 15 Pieces Automatic Watering Kit, Automatic Drip Irrigation Device, Automatic Plant Watering Devices, Adjustable Watering Device for Flower Pots and Flowers
- 2.2 DONGQI Garden Irrigation System, 149 PCS Drip Irrigation System, 30M Irrigation Kit with Adjustable Sprinkler Nozzle Sprayer and Automatic Dripper for Garden Greenhouse Lawn Patio Terrace
- 2.3 Gardena Drip Irrigation Design Sets, Black, 22.3 x 4.0 x 22.5 cm
- 2.4 Aqua Control Drip Irrigation for Balconies-Programmer C4099N + 12 Self-compensating drippers of 2 l / h + Microtube of 4 mm, Kit C4061
- 2.5 Landrip Automatic Watering System, DIY Drip Irrigation Kit for Indoor Plants, Micro USB Power Operation, Vacation Plant Watering
- 3 Buying guide for drip irrigation
- 4 How does the drip irrigation system work?
- 5 What pressure is needed for drip irrigation?
- 6 Where is drip irrigation used?
- 7 How to make a drip irrigation system?
- 8 Where to buy?
Top 1. The best drip irrigation
- Easy to install
- You can water up to 36 plants.
- Drip with different possibilities.
- It has no programming option.
- Parts cannot be purchased separately.
Selection of drip irrigation systems
If you need a different drip irrigation, here we leave you other options to consider.
Herefun 15 Pieces Automatic Watering Kit, Automatic Drip Irrigation Device, Automatic Plant Watering Devices, Adjustable Watering Device for Flower Pots and Flowers
One of the simplest drip irrigation systems since you just need a plastic bottle to make it work. The only thing you have to do is give the system stability and control the irrigation it has.
DONGQI Garden Irrigation System, 149 PCS Drip Irrigation System, 30M Irrigation Kit with Adjustable Sprinkler Nozzle Sprayer and Automatic Dripper for Garden Greenhouse Lawn Patio Terrace
A system made up of more than 100 pieces to build the drip irrigation system yourself based on the distribution of the plants or the garden.
Gardena Drip Irrigation Design Sets, Black, 22.3 x 4.0 x 22.5 cm
Only for five pots, it is ready to use because it is assembled very quickly. It has the drip system but also the amount of water is regulated and it is cleaned automatically.
Aqua Control Drip Irrigation for Balconies-Programmer C4099N + 12 Self-compensating drippers of 2 l / h + Microtube of 4 mm, Kit C4061
It is a kit with programmer and enough tubes and accessories to water 12 pots and/or planters. Both the interval and the duration of watering can be set.
Landrip Automatic Watering System, DIY Drip Irrigation Kit for Indoor Plants, Micro USB Power Operation, Vacation Plant Watering
With two program settingsyou can water up to 15 indoor plants. It is very easy to install, even water several times a day.
Buying guide for drip irrigation
Buying a drip irrigation is not going to a store and picking up the first one you see. It will depend on some factors that will make your purchase successful or fail (and have a bad experience). Which are? We comment on them.
Depending on where you are going to install it, you have several types of drip irrigation. The most common are:
- On terraces and roofs. They are risks that adapt to the surface of the plants we have, that is, if they are seedbeds, pots, etc.
- For a garden. It is characterized by a series of primary and secondary pipes that carry water to each of the crops.
- Of fruit trees. It is characterized by the fact that they need a wider hose than the usual ones and several drippers are placed per plant (up to a maximum of 8).
- Drop by drop. It is perhaps the best known of all, in which a tube is buried a little in the ground, without covering the holes, from which drops come out to moisten the ground.
In general, the two materials used to make drip irrigation are metal and plastic pipes.
The price will depend mainly on the need you have. It is not the same to buy a small drip irrigation, than one for a large plantation, or for a medium garden. Depending on the material it is made of, the type and we would add the need for meters that you need, it can vary in a fairly wide range.
To put prices on you, we could say that it would be from 30 euros for the most basic to more than 300 euros for professionals (These are indicated for plantations, irrigated land, or with the latest generation technological systems). It will depend on your need whether you choose one type or another.
How does the drip irrigation system work?
The operation of drip irrigation is very easy to understand. To do this, it It has a pipe with several holes that transports the water and leaves, either drop by drop or more, the water needed for each plant you have..
This can be programmed, so that it waters at a certain time, or not and simply open the water tap when we want to water and close it when it is no longer necessary to water.
What pressure is needed for drip irrigation?
One of the problems many people see with drip irrigation is water pressure. It really doesn’t take much. with 1.2 bars it is more than enough for it to work properly.
Where is drip irrigation used?
Drip irrigation has many applications as it It can not only be used in a garden, but could also be put between pots, in larger plantations (dry irrigation)… In general, where there are plants and they need to be watered often, and you don’t want to take care of them, or you can’t, a system of this type can be interesting.
How to make a drip irrigation system?
To mount an irrigation, You will need a punch, a tap wrench, scissors to cut pipes, pipes of different sizes, elbows, also of different sizes, and a programmer.
The first thing you need is to have a faucet and place it on top of the faucet so that it controls the flow of water. Therefore, always leave the tap open. These programmers usually go with batteries.
The programmer is given a part that will link to the pipe. This should be spread throughout the area to be watered. You will have to, with the punch, make holes. These are then placed with droppers (which you will find of different types).
Keep in mind that at the end of the pipe, when we have already reached the end of the garden, you have to put a plug on it. so that the water does not leak out.
Where to buy?
If after everything we have told you, you think that drip irrigation can solve your plants wilting or not being well cared for, here are some stores where you will have devices.
It is true that it will be where you will find more variety and models, but you must bear in mind that, many times, the price of these can be higher than in other stores. You have to look good.
In this case you will have more limited models, and above all focused on individuals, not to professionals who may have other needs.
Leroy Merlin is known as a DIY and garden store where you can find everything, and it was not going to be less with drip irrigation. Yes indeed, You don’t have many models or systems to choose from. In return, the quality-price is quite balanced.
Do you already opt for drip irrigation?