PREP TIME:5 mins
COOK TIME:10 mins
TOTAL TIME:15 mins
Homemade hot sauce recipe that tastes just like Frank’s hot sauce! Ready in 15 minutes and can be tailored to mild, medium or hot – however you want!
Serves: 2 cups
- 20 fresh peppers of your choice (Fresno, Cayenne, Jalapeno are good ones)
- 1½ cups vinegar (I used white)
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tsp minced fresh garlic
- Put on gloves (kitchen-safe) and wash the peppers.
- Cut the tops off of your peppers and slice in half lengthwise.
- Pour the vinegar into a saucepan/pot, add peppers, salt, and garlic. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a low boil until peppers are soft (about 10 minutes).
- Pour everything into your blender, including peppers and vinegar.
- Blend it (seeds and all) until liquefied.
- Add additional heat if desired. If you like it hot, add a Habanero (or half of one), re-blend and re-taste.
- Enjoy. You now have hot sauce!
NOTES: This additional pepper added to the blender isn’t cooked. We don’t recommend adding “additional heat” when you’re cooking the peppers on the stove when you make this the first time. This gives you the chance to adjust the heat after the fact, little by little. Once you determine how much heat you like, feel free to add those additional peppers to the ones you cooked earlier in subsequent batches.