Homemade greenhouses are essential for many people. Since the first greenhouses were built in 1850 for a grape crop, many people have made their own greenhouses, but the information about them is not always abundant. Therefore, we have decided to make this post so that you are fully informed.
What are home greenhouses?
Basically a greenhouse is a very closed place where walking is very accessible. It almost always has a plastic outer cover to allow temperature control.
Home greenhouses tend to have smaller dimensions, making them more manageable.
What are home greenhouses for?
Although in some countries they are given different uses, the most frequent use for home greenhouses is to favor the development of plants. In some parts of Spain, they are also called a cold stove, this is because home greenhouses allow temperature and humidity control.
The home greenhouses to operate simply leverage a produced by solar radiation effect because these are basically constructed of glass or plastic, solar radiation heats the room and everything inside. Greenhouses simply trap all the energy to heat the indoor environment.
It should be noted that some home greenhouses if they are not built well, can have air problems, so it is highly recommended to create openings that allow entry and exit. Although, many times, people prefer to put fans on it. But, despite that, a greenhouse is one of the things that will help you the most in your home, therefore, it is a benefit for you and your whole family.
What materials are needed to build a home greenhouse?
• Supports and reinforcements.
• Belts and beams.
These materials should preferably be steel, iron, or aluminum. The other materials you have to get to build a home greenhouse are:
- Plastic: These plastics have to be made of polyethylene, polyester, or polycarbonate.
- Glass: The glasses are made of printed glass.
What are the types of home greenhouses that exist?
There are different types of home greenhouses, among them are:
- Tunnel type greenhouses: They are those that do not have straight walls.
- Greenhouses type chapel: They are those that have curved semi-circular arches but all their arches are metal.
- Gothic type greenhouses: They are similar to chapel type greenhouses, they simply have the difference that their arches are designed differently.
- Sheet or greenhouse type greenhouses: These greenhouses are some of the most beautiful since they are very large and have a very simple use, ranging from filter heads to large tanks. They can also be used as sheds to store tools or machinery.
- Custom type greenhouses: Custom greenhouses are those with the latest technology used. These greenhouses are the most recent on the market and are the ones that give a modern look to the environment.
- Shade mesh greenhouses: These are the simplest greenhouses on the market. It is built by galvanized tubes or metal profiles.
- Kit type greenhouses: These greenhouses are very resistant and have an easy assembly. But, they still have a lot of production while preventing insects and improving performance.
- Raspa type greenhouses: These are the last possible greenhouses since they are those that come out of typical greenhouses. Raspa type greenhouses do not have a reliable structure because when it rains they form large pockets of water and are almost totally useless.
Finally, there are different types of home greenhouses that you can build. But, you have to see which one is the most suitable for you. Remember that a greenhouse will always be a good option for your home and for your plants since it will help you take good care of them.