You want to have a vegetable garden or garden overflowing with pretty plants and you don’t want to wait too long to have them. The most normal thing would be that anyone would tell you to buy them already grown or not ask for impossible, but do not despair yet, because there are some plants that develop in a short time.
In this article we are going to see 22 plants that grow fast and do not require great care so that, in a simple way, you can show off your garden in record time.
Fast growing plants for the garden
If what you are looking for is to fill your garden to be able to harvest a bountiful harvest soon, these are going to be your best options for garden plants that grow fast :
- Lettuce: lettuce is a vegetable that only needs constant watering to grow healthy and strong in a very short time. The fastest varieties can be harvested in just one month from germination.
- Peas: peas are another vegetable sprinter when it comes to growth: they germinate in about 10 days, and their pods can be harvested two months later. In addition, they are plants that enrich the earth with nitrogen, so they act as a natural fertilizer.
- Radish: water your radishes with abundance and in just a month they will be ready to be picked.
Fast growing potted plants
If you prefer to bring your home to life quickly with indoor or potted plants, pay attention to these species:
- Lavender: lavender is an aromatic plant that, in addition to providing its characteristic and pleasant smell, is very resistant. It doesn’t require too much light or is very picky about the weather, so as long as it gets plenty of natural light, it will grow very fast.
- Mint: mint is another aromatic that requires very little care to develop quickly and also acts as a mosquito repellent. As long as it gets plenty of water, it will stay green and constantly growing.
- Potus : this is a very popular indoor plant, highly valued aesthetically for its hanging plant characteristics and for how undemanding it is to grow.
Plants that grow fast in water
Here are some of the plants that grow fast in water , since they can take root and grow in a few days and just by submerging them in it:
- Bamboo: this plant of Asian origin is highly valued for its rapid growth, which allows it to cover gardens or plots of sight in record time. Just by dipping the lower end of a stem in a container of water, it will quickly take root and grow at full speed.
- Rosemary : another aromatic plant that, in this case, has enough to submerge a bunch of its stems in water so that they quickly take root.
- Tulip : this bulb of well-known and beautiful flowers only needs to be placed in a container with a small amount of water that does not cover it completely, and it will not take long to start growing.
Fast growing aquarium plants
An aquarium without plants is never the same. If you want to beautify yours in no time, check out these fast growing aquarium plants :
- Foxtail: it is a highly recommended aquarium plant for beginners, as it is very resistant and spreads very easily naturally from the pieces that are detached from it. It is vertical and very fast growing.
- Java moss: this plant, easy to maintain, must be attached to an element of the aquarium, since it does not have roots. However, once it has adapted to its location, it spreads with great speed, upholstering the surfaces at its disposal.
- Elodea: this plant of American origin is so fast growing and easy to adapt that it is a very dangerous invasive species in the natural environment. It produces a large number of small leaves that create a lush effect.
Fast growing shrubs
There are also fast-growing shrubs that you can plant in your field or garden if you want it to be lush in no time:
- Hydrangeas: this is one of the quintessential shrubs in homes. In addition, it is good both in the ground and in large pots and can be seen with different colors of flowers.
- Dogwood: This shrub grows very fast and in winter it looks spectacular in shades of red, orange and yellow. Its flowers are soft and in bunches.
- Forsythia: This one is really fast, with woody branches and flowers in shades of yellow. It grows very well whether we plant it in the sun or in a semi-shady area.
Fast growing trees
There are some fast-growing trees that grow at a spectacular speed and, in fact, there are some that can grow more than a meter each year. Here are some of them:
- Willow: this species is highly valued in gardens for its great capacity to provide shade and create pleasant corners.
- Birch: Birch trees, which can reach 30 meters in height, are very resistant to cold and have their peak growing season in spring.
- Mimosa : this species is highly valued for its ability to bring color and its pleasant aroma to any garden in winter, a season when most plants are kept dormant.
- Kiri: It is also known as an empress tree and it is very fast growing and is, in fact, considered one of the best options to plant and help the planet recover from air pollution.
Fast growing fruit trees
Finally, if you want to enjoy your own fruits without having to wait for long periods of time, these are the fast-growing fruit trees that we recommend:
- Peach tree: this is one of the fastest growing fruit trees that exist, since it is known for being able to reach up to 6 meters in height in a single year.
- Coconut tree : although it is not a tree, the coconut tree is a fruit tree. And in fact it is one of the fastest growing, especially in hot and temperate climates.
- Lemon tree : this fruit tree spread throughout the world is not so popular by chance. Its fruits are highly valued, and its growth is fast and very undemanding.