The Fatsia or Aralia is a plant with very pretty green palmate leaves. Although it is often thought to be very delicate, the reality is that withstands temperatures close to 0 degrees. This means that grown indoors does not give any problems.
If we want to have more copies, we can do several things, and I will explain all of them below. This is the multiplication of the Fatsia.
La Fatsia, whose scientific name is Fatsia japonica, it is an evergreen shrub that in the wild can reach a height of up to 4 meters. Grown in a pot it does not exceed one meter, but it is still very decorative. The adult specimens produce flowers in umbels, which are what you can see in the image above. Once they are pollinated, the fruits will begin to ripen, which will be black and inside which we will find the seeds. And that is precisely one of the multiplication methods it has.
To sow them you have to follow this step by step:
- First, we will introduce them in a glass of water for 24 hours in spring.
- Then, we fill a pot or seed tray with a universal growing medium mixed with 30% perlite.
- Then, we place a maximum of 2-3 seeds in each seedbed.
- Next, we sprinkle copper or sulfur to prevent fungus.
- Finally, we cover with a thin layer of soil and water.
They will germinate after 14-20 days.
Another way to multiply the Fatsia is by cuttings during the summer. It is faster, because once they take root we will have a specimen of a certain size. For it, we have to follow this step by step:
- The first thing we will do is cut a semi-woody branch that interests us.
- Afterwards, we will impregnate the base with powdered rooting hormones or with homemade rooting agents.
- Then, we plant it in a pot with universal substrate or with vermiculite.
- Finally, we water.
If everything goes fine, will root after 1 month.
Has it been of interest to you?