The false aralia It is a plant that, due to its characteristics, is a great option to have inside the home. In addition, it is very easy to care for and maintain, so if you are looking for a plant suitable for beginners, this time we are going to recommend this one, our protagonist.
To know everything about her, we invite you to continue reading. You will discover not only its main characteristics but also its care so that you can enjoy it to the fullest.
Characteristics of false aralia
The plant that we are going to tell you about it is a shrub or small tree 2-4 meters high native to the Pacific Islands. It has pamatic compound leaves, with 7-11 linear, pendant leaflets, with the margin that may be a little serrated or serrated. When it is young it hardly branches at all, but as it becomes an adult it forms a more widely spaced crown.
The flowers are small and appear distributed in terminal umbels, that is, when they wither, the flower stalk also dies. The fruit is rounded and black in color.
How do you take care of yourself?
If you want to have a copy, we recommend that you provide it with the following care:
- Location: indoors, in a room with plenty of natural light.
- Irrigation: during the summer it must be watered twice a week, and the rest of the year a weekly watering will suffice.
- Substratum: universal growing medium mixed with 30% perlite or washed river sand.
- Subscriber: from the beginning of spring to the end of summer it must be paid with liquid universal fertilizer following the indications specified on the product packaging.
- Transplant: every two years, in spring.
- Pruning: dry, diseased or weak stems must be removed.
- Rusticity: does not bear the cold. Temperatures below 0 degrees seriously harm it.
What did you think of the false aralia?