Flies are insects that can be very annoying, especially during the summer when it’s hot and they have trouble finding water. They perch on our arms, legs or wherever they can to get a little drink of the precious liquid that comes out of our pores.
To keep them away we can make a homemade fly swatter , which once they fall inside will no longer allow them to come out.
- 1 What do I need to make a homemade fly swatter?
- 2 Make your fly swatter
What do I need to make a homemade fly swatter?
To prevent flies from bothering you again you will need the following:
- A 1l, 1.5l or 2l plastic bottle
- sewing scissors
- Cooking pot
- Five tablespoons sugar
- Duct tape or dark paint
Once you have everything, it will be time to follow this step by step.
make your fly swatter
- The first thing you have to do is cut at a distance of about 4 fingers from the mouthpiece . Remove the cap, and leave them in a corner for later, because with these two halves we are going to cheat.
- Now, boil the water for about 10 minutes . As soon as it boils, lower the heat.
- Add five tablespoons of sugar and stir a bit.
- Then, you have to let it rest for a few minutes , until it cools down and reaches a temperature of about 35ºC.
- Next, take the bottom half of the bottle and insert the top half into it so that the spout part is inside.
- Then cover the bottom half of the bottle with electrical tape or paint it a dark color.
- Finally, add a yeast powder to the water and fill the bottle with this mixture.
When you have it ready, you can put a string on it so that you can hang the trap in the place where you know there are more flies, such as the garden. Thus, you can be calmer since you will be able to keep the population of these annoying insects at bay.