The plant known by the scientific name erected karvinskianus It is small, which means that its cultivation in pots and gardens is perfectly viable, and it also produces flowers of very varied colors, something that will undoubtedly bring joy to the place where you are.
If we talk about its maintenance, it is not complicated at all, since as long as it does not lack light and water, it will be able to be very healthy. Anyway, so that there is no room for doubt, then we tell you how to take care of it.
Origin and characteristics
It is a plant known as Margarita daisy that usually grows acquiring a rather compact shape, reaching a maximum height of 40cm. Its stems are lax, and lobed leaves covered by villi sprout from them. It produces flowers similar to those of the common daisy, but with thinner petals, for much of the year.
It is native to Mexico and Central America, although today it can be found in any warm-temperate region of the world.
Apart from being used as an ornamental plant, is widely used against dysentery, diarrhea and body pain. To do this, you have to drink tea made with any part of the plant, and take it three times a day.
What are their cares?
If you want to have a copy, we recommend that you provide it with the following care:
- Location: it must be outside, in full sun.
- Pot: universal growing substrate.
- Garden: grows in any type of soil, as long as it has good drainage.
- Irrigation: 3-4 times a week in summer, and 1-2 / week the rest of the year.
- Subscriber: it is advisable to make contributions from time to time Organic fertilizers, like guano, compost, etc. Use liquid fertilizers if it is potted, following the instructions specified on the container.
- Multiplication: by seeds in spring.
- Rusticity: withstands light frosts down to -4ºC.
What did you think of the erected karvinskianus?