Do you like strawberries? If so, surely you will often go to buy some in the supermarket, right? But… I’m going to propose something better: plant them so that you can savor their authentic flavor, the natural one, the one that has not been contaminated by chemical products.
So if you feel like it, go ahead and get ready to enjoy the magnificent experience that awaits you. Find out how to plant strawberries step by step. : )
What does it take to plant strawberries?
To sow strawberries it is very important that you have the following in advance:
- Seedling tray. Those given to us in the nurseries to carry the best placed plants are also valid, such as the one in the image above.
- Tray without holes. In it we will introduce the seedbed.
- Substratum. It can be the universal one, but you can mix 60% black peat + 30% perlite + 10% worm castings.
- Watering can and sprayer with water. Essential to moisten the substrate and, incidentally, the seeds.
- Strawberry seeds. They have to be bought early, at the end of winter, since it will be at that time when they are sown.
How are they sown?
The step by step to follow is the following:
- The first thing to do is fill the seedling tray with the substrate we have chosen.
- Afterwards, the seedling is placed in a tray without holes, and the substrate is thoroughly moistened.
- Then, a maximum of two seeds are placed in each socket.
- They are then covered with a thin layer of substrate.
- Finally, it is watered again, this time with a sprayer.
Now it will only be left to place everything outside, in semi-shade, and keep the substrate moist (but not flooded). Thus, seeds will germinate in 2-3 weeksand sooner rather than later they will be as pretty as the strawberry plant in the picture above.
Have a very happy planting!