With the arrival of good weather, it is also common for insects to appear and, without a doubt, one of the least wanted in our home is ants. For this reason, a good ant repellent can avoid unpleasant situations.
Do you want to buy the best anti-ant on the market? And know what you should look for to be effective? So here are the keys. Look at them.
Top 1. The best anti-ant
- It can be used with children and pets.
- It is quick to apply.
- Lasts up to 15 days.
- May produce an allergic reaction.
- It contains permethrin, which is toxic to cats.
- Some comments that it doesn’t work.
Selection of anti-ant products
In addition to the above, you can also find other anti-ant products that you should take into account. Are these:
Anti-Ant Gun Compo
No products found.
In spray format, this product It not only works for ants, but also for cockroaches, mites, wasps, flies, lice, fleas, etc.
You just have to spray the product on the surfaces where insects are seen.
KB Nexa Ants Gel, 30g
It is a total action gel that destroy the entire anthill. It works in a very short time, and only one drop is needed for it to work. You can use it indoors without any problem, although keep in mind that it contains benzisothiazolone, which is very toxic to certain organisms.
Ant trap, ideal for indoors and outdoors, innovative solution
This ant trap has a size of 26 x 12 x 3 centimeters and has a attractant bait to lure ants into the trap and the anthills are eradicated in a matter of days. To activate it, just press the center.
REPELL Shield Ant Repellent Spray
This spray can be used both indoors and outdoors. It’s made with peppermint and cinnamon oil and it is a natural solution as an antiant.
KB Nexa Ants Granules
It is a granulated solution, in a 500-gram package, with which you can apply outside the house. Hard up to a month and is fast acting.
Buying guide for an ant repellent
Despite the fact that ants are small bugs, very strong, but in most cases insignificant, when we see a group of them we get nervous because we know that this implies being very careful with food or areas where these bugs can to stay.
To prevent them from entering houses, Ant killers are very effective. But with so many on the market, it is inevitable to think about what the keys may be to get your purchase right. Do you want to know what you should pay attention to?
As you know, an antiant is actually a product that is designed to control the appearance of ants, in such a way that you can chase them away or prevent them from entering your home.
These products have different formats such as:
- Spray. It is sold in a bottle as an insecticide but focused on these creatures.
- The people. Normally in an application tube, where you can pour it through entrance areas such as windows, balconies, etc.
- Dust. In this case, it is sold in a bottle with holes so that when you open it you can apply a layer of powder in the areas where the ants enter or where they concentrate.
- Traps. The traps have the function of inviting the ants to come closer to prevent them from leaving.
- Bait. Similar to the above, something “appetizing” is placed on them so that the ants reach that place but then they can no longer escape.
- Floor cleaners. It is a specific product for the floor with which you can scrub the surface of your house and the smell it gives off (barely perceptible to humans) keeps them away.
Of course, keep in mind that the most effective anti-ant that exists is the one that will kill the queen ant and its larvae.
Ant repellents are not expensive, especially because they protect us from these undesirable insects. In the market you can find solutions from 5 euros. Everything will depend on the type of presentation they have as well as the size of the product.
Normally, for about 10-15 euros you have more product that can be more or less durable (depending on where you apply it).
What is the best bait for ants?
Choosing the best ant bait is not easy since, in itself, it will depend a lot on some factors. In general, there are well-known manufacturers that have been making baits for a long time and that, to a greater or lesser extent, are effective, but do they really work for all ants?
And, when choosing a baitthe following must be taken into account:
- The type of ant. One ant is not the same as another, and although we can see them the same, in reality there are different species and it may be that each one has a certain bait.
- The size. Depending on the degree of problem you have (if there are a lot of ants or a few) you can use a larger or smaller bait.
- effectiveness. In the sense that there are positive comments or you know that the product itself works.
That said, the best ant bait has to be attractive to them, not visually, but smellily. Normally, ants are attracted by the smell of food, although sweets are also something that attracts them a lot.
How to remove ants from outside?
It may happen that the ants do not enter your house, but what happens if they are in the garden and every time you go out and want to enjoy themselves they attack you? Or worse, they attack your plants.
For this, there is several remedies that you can use to eliminate ants naturally (especially because if you put anti-ant products around your plants, pots, etc. they can suffer and end up dying). And what are those?
- Vinegar. Making a spray based on vinegar and water, in equal parts, is very effective because it will keep them away from your garden. Also, at the dose you apply it, your plants will not suffer. Of course, when the smell dissipates they will return.
- Natural repellents. Such as coffee beans with bicarbonate. This remedy lasts longer because it is “solid.”
- Boiling water. To use it, you need to find where the ant nest is to kill it immediately.
- Garlic. Using it with water can be very effective, placing it in the form of a spray or near the plants.
- Lemon. A solution of lemon and water with very good results, because the acid causes the ants to become disoriented and not get where they wanted.
- Soapy water and neem oil. These two solutions are well known to kill pests (not just ants) and you will be protecting your plants and, indirectly, yourself.
Where to buy?
Now that you know a little more about ant repellents, do you know where to buy them? We give you some options.
Amazon is one of the stores where you can find more variety, not only in prices, but also in types of ant repellents. Of course, be careful with the prices because some can be more expensive in that store than going to the one who sells them (that is, externally).
If you went to the physical Carrefour stores, it would most likely cost you more to find variety, but online there are many options to choose from.
In this store you will also have variety. Obviously it doesn’t have as many products as the previous two, but there are different presentations of quality anti-ant products, and at affordable prices.
Now it’s up to you to decide on the ant repellent that best suits your needs.