Wooden lattices are those that have unique characteristics, especially in the appearance it gives to your garden. You can find many models on the market, such as natural ones or tinted ones. Most of them can give a very aesthetic appearance to a home or facade since you can also add colors that combine with the flowers in the garden.
So if you need one but are not sure which one to choose, Below we will offer you many tips to make it much easier for you to find the most appropriate model for you.
Top 1 – The best wooden lattice
- The wood is treated for exterior use, and also resists humidity.
- It is made of natural wood, pine.
- It measures 228 x 46 x 2,2cm, so you can put several plants or pots.
- It is easy to install.
- Painting is not recommended as it is varnished.
- Does not include installation kit.
Best wooden lattices
We are going to see which are the best wooden lattices on the market and which are the ones that best suit you and your needs.
Faura 60 X 180 cm – Extensible Wood Lattice
This is a simple and easy-to-install wooden lattice with which you can separate different sections of your garden or the interior of your house. It measures 60 x 180 centimeters, so it is ideal to put for example small climbing plants.
Garden202 1m Height x 2m Width. Extendable wicker lattice
If you are looking for a natural wood lattice, we recommend this wicker one. It measures 1 x 2 meters, and you can have it both horizontally and vertically. Go ahead and let your climbing roses grow in it, you will surely achieve a magnificent effect!
A nice wooden lattice, which includes the installation kit so you don’t have to worry about a thing. It is extendable up to 2 meters, and is perfect for separating areas, or putting plants.
Outsunny Solid Wood Trellis Planter
2 x 1: a planter with a lattice underneath to make better use of space. It has never been so easy to have climbing plants, since it hardly takes up space. Dimensions are 85cm high x 68cm wide. Do you want it? Then do not hesitate to buy it.
Suinga CEILING PANEL straight 90 × 180 CM
When looking for privacy on the terrace or patio, or even inside the house, it is very interesting to put a lattice panel. With this model you can choose to put climbing plants, or hanging pots. As it measures 90cm x 180cm, you have plenty of space to put whatever you want.
Buying guide for a wooden lattice
If you are not sure which is the best wooden lattice for you, below we will offer you many tips to make it much easier for you to choose:
Wooden lattice for interior or exterior?
Nowadays it is possible to find lattices that can be both indoors and outdoors, but we are going to see their differences in detail:
Wooden lattices for interior
They are perfect to use as a room divider and thus have a corner of the house more isolated to be able to watch television, invite someone or work with greater concentration. You can choose the model that best suits the harmony of your home or your personal tastes. The advantage of these models is that they can be painted to decorate and adjust to the rest of the color scheme of the home or the plants that you are going to place in it.
On the other hand, if you are going to use it so that it serves to optically increase the space, the best ones to place a lattice painted in a dark color on the wall that you want to make deeper. Remember that you should not use elements with light colors if your goal is to deepen the room. Normally the interior ones are more worked for their decorative function but they do not need as much care to keep the wood in good condition. You just should not place them in a humid area such as in the bathroom or kitchen.
Wooden lattice for the exterior
They are more frequent in gardens and landscaped balconies. They serve to cover the light to plants that need less sun or to guide climbing plants. There are lattices with artificial vertical gardens that can be used for decoration.
Of course, it is important that they are treated so that they can withstand the weather conditions (rain, sun, frost, etc.). If they weren’t, nothing would happen because you could treat them yourself with wood oil at least once a year.
Use of wooden lattices
Wooden lattices not only serve to decorate gardens, but also have numerous uses such as the following:
- Gain privacy: the wooden lattices have become a perfect element to be able to separate several gardens of terraced houses. They also serve to separate some balconies and other spaces. In many restaurants or cafes they use wooden lattices to separate and create a cozy and more decorative atmosphere. They can also be used on home windows to achieve a unique, Arabic effect with star pattern wooden lattices.
- Decoration: As we have mentioned before, the lattices serve to help the climbing plants to be able to have a guide. It can also be used to decorate a uniform white wall in a more original way or combine with flowers. You can make a more economical decoration by painting the wooden lattices with ecological paint. If you are good at decorating, your garden will be the envy of all the neighbors.
- Space separator: apart from gaining privacy, it also serves to separate spaces in the same house. For example, if you have a large loft-type room you can generate several spaces such as a part for the dining room and another where the sofa and television are located. It can also be used to achieve more transparency than a screen or the like. The wooden lattice helps to keep taking advantage of the sunlight and gives a unique decorative touch.
- Climbing Plants Guide: lattices are necessary for climbing plants to grow properly. There are some plants that grow uncontrollably and you have to be aware of changing the place, tying the stems and doing pruning to shape the plant.
- Security on terraces and attics: it is better to put a lattice than a balcony of metal or glass railings. It is usually placed on top of a part of the concrete wall to give safer results for houses where there are children. It also provides greater privacy if the balcony was next to other neighbors. You can take advantage of the lattice to place a climbing plant and you will reinforce the personalization effect of the balcony and the security element much more.
- Achieve depth in space: It is used to decorate indoors and give depth by covering some furniture. It can have dark colors and helps to optically enlarge the space.
- Sift sunlight: Thanks to its structure, it can be used to soften and attenuate the incidence of sunlight. It can serve more efficiently than a curtain depending on where you place it.
This It will depend a lot on where you want to put it, and the use that you are going to give it. For example, if you want to have it in a garden and put climbing plants, you will need one that is at least 1,5 meters long for it to grow.
On the contrary, if you only want it to separate spaces, with a smaller one, or with a lattice panel, you will surely achieve the effect you want.
The price of wooden lattice it will vary depending on the dimensions of the same and the material. The bigger it is, the more expensive it will be. In addition, it is important that you compare several models, of different prices, since this way you will be able to find the one that really fits what you need.
Main characteristics of wooden lattices
We can find the market numerous types of wooden lattice that go from natural to stained are those that are in a wide range of colors such as It is blue or red that are a special touch of decoration to your garden. When you buy the wooden lattices they come with a treatment against fungi and insects specialized for the pests and diseases of these places. Depending on the area where you live, you may need an essential treatment to be able to extend the useful life since wood is a living material and can be affected over time by humidity and the sun.
Keep in mind that wooden lattices are usually cheaper than wicker, metal or PVC. In addition, the rustic and original appeal is more creative than the other models. There are wooden lattices that have a frame and others that do not. Those that do not have it are more used to support against the wall and serve as support for climbing plants. Surely you have ever visited a garden that has this type of lattice where climbing plants have a kind of guide where they can prepare. They also serve to support on other surfaces such as a fence or a railing.
Framed louvers are good for fences and windows as they are the strongest.
Where to buy?
You can get your wooden lattice in these places:
In Amazon you will find a wide variety of wooden lattices at different prices and sizes. You can get the one you need very easily, since as buyers have the option of leaving their ratings, by reading them you will know if the one you like is really interesting or if it is better to find another.
At Bricomart they sell wooden lattices at competitive prices. You can filter by brand or price, and see the selected ones. Having a good lattice from this trade will not cost you much. What’s more, in case of doubt you have the option to contact them.
In Bricodepot you can find several models of wooden lattices: extensible, harp-shaped, straight, etc. If you want one, you just have to add it to the basket and choose if you want it to be sent to your home, or if you pick it up at the store.
At Ikea they sell wooden lattices for both interior and exterior. Prices vary depending on the dimensions of the product, but in general they are very interesting. If you want one, you have the option of buying it online or visiting one of its physical stores.
In the Leroy Merlin you will find different wooden lattices, of very varied colors, shapes and prices. The models it offers are undoubtedly interesting to have on a terrace. Likewise, you can decide if you buy it from the website, or in store.
I hope you have been able to find the wooden lattice that best suits your needs.